Did you ever wonder why people who set goals are more successful than others?
Did you even know that little tidbit?
A Goal is a desired outcome that a person evisions and hopefully commits to completing as a part of getting the things they want in life.
Deadlines are important parts of goal setting as they give you a sense of urgency to complete the tasks related to accomplishing the goal.
When you plan for your future, you are setting goals.
Goals are important and here’s why:
- Goals make the ADD the FDD ….uhm…Focus instead of Attention. It’s a good thing to have a focus disorder. Goals give you places to aim towards and targets to hit and if you don’t have a target, then what the heck are you aiming for? You can not possibly accomplish great things if you don’t set goals and aspire to achieve your dreams in the first place. Just like when you drive, whatever you have your eye on and are focused on is what you will gravitate towards. Focus on success and goals and you will reap the rewards.
- Goals Keep you Motivated and Laser Focused. – I once met a girl from a mlm reviews blog who wasn’t sure why she was writing. She just kept writing and we got to a discussion about goals. She was so focused on hers, that she was on a mission to accomplish any task on any day that would propel her farter along. Her goal? To become a millionaire. Her task? (She gave it to herself) Her task was to write no less than 3000 word posts every single day. She refused to give up hope that she could become a millionaire from blogging. She is still working on it to this day.
- Goals give you a way to keep Track. Progress tracking and monitoring is important so that you can feel a sense of accomplishment when you make some traction towards your goal. If you don’t have a basis of comparison or measurement, you will not be able to determine if you have achieved your goals.
- Goals are a major helper with procrastination. For instance if you say to yourself: “I’m going to clean out the garage” but you don’t set a date (a real goal would) you will find yourself saying that you need the clean your garage for month or years to come. However, if you announce and set a specific date, then you have a better chance of accomplishing it because you set a goal. Goals by their very nature are begging to be completed. You just have to find them and set your mind to accomplishing them.
- Goals are great motivators. They offer you happiness when you achieve them and a sense of accomplishment and pride. These are all essentials when it comes to enjoying life.